10 July 2009

4th of July continued - Team member perspective - Take 2



We handed out hundreds of tracks on July 4th, and had the opportunity to talk about Jesus Christ to many people. My favorite story is the one where we came across a man in his 40’s and his son.

We offered them the bottled water and a track with the Million Dollar Question. As my wife asked him the question, he replied “he did not know where he would go if he died tomorrow”, and his son replied with the same answer. We proceeded to talk to him and his son about what sin was, and I commented on how we have to pay for the consequences of our sin.

One team member always prayed silently as my wife talked. We knew God was answering, because people were allowing us to talk to them. My wife showed the man and his son some verses in the books of Romans and John, and asked him some more questions, and then told them about him a judge story. My wife was doing the talking since the other team member and I are a little shy, and just learning on how to witness. Occasionally, we would say something or smile. We concentrated on handing out tracks.

My wife said, “if a judge is a good judge, do you think he should let someone go free without paying the penalty of his crime”? Let’s say someone robbed you, or you robbed someone? He, and his son answered “No”. She said, “would you say he is a crooked judge if he did not make the robber pay for his crime”?

They both said yes.

My wife said, “you are right, a good judge will ensure we pay for the crime and hopefully we will learn a lesson and never do it again”. You may have a lawyer who represents you and requests to let you go and just have you pay a fine. Well the bible says (and she opened her bible in Romans 14:12) “So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” We told them we will all be in front of God one day to be judged. She shared Revelations 20:11 -12 “Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.” We shared other verses with people, and everyone we talked to we received a different message as was directed by the Holy Spirit.

My wife proceeded to explain that we would live eternally after our physical death. She assured them we will live eternally in hell, or in heaven, depending on our relationship with Christ. She said that God wants us to repent and turn our hearts to Him. We will be in front of God and He will ask you why should I let you in heaven, what would your answer be? He didn’t know what to say. Then she talked about what Jesus did on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins, and everyone who came to repentance for their sins and wanted Jesus to be their Lord and Savior.

She related it to Jesus being there at judgment time and telling God “Father he can come in…for he is with me, he gave her life to me” and said God would let him in. Then she explained that Jesus is the lawyer who represents us with God. And he will answer our sins have been paid for, there is no debt to judge him for.

After talking to both the father and the son, you could see how they were paying attention, and were so interested to hear what God was telling them. We commented how Jesus paid for our sins. So my wife said that God required an RSVP for the ticket to heaven, she asked do you want to answer Jesus invitation.

Both the man and son responded with a prayer, and we aided them in the salvation prayer. It was very moving to see a big man and his son come to Christ at the same time. Then his wife arrived with another son as we were leaving, and in her face I noticed a smile.

My wife offered them a Bible and the man’s wife heard and replied, “we have Bibles at home” and gently smiled as she approached her husband. Her smiled seem to be one of satisfaction. We still gave him a Bible and walked away.

The smile on the ladies face was one similar to the one I saw in my own wife’s face when I got saved. There were Bibles in my house. At the time, I had no idea of its value and the wisdom it offered. I believe the man’s wife may have been trying to work on her husband’s salvation for a long time. Her smile seemed to be one of Praise, because she witnessed seeing her husband and son praying to ask Jesus to live in their hearts!

All the Glory and Praise belongs to God!!!

Thanks,

J.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! All glory and praise to Him who still saves men from their sins! Thank you so much for your faithfulness and your obedience in the Great Commission!

I am and continue to be blessed by both of you guys.

I love you both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment