08 July 2009

4th of July continued - Team member perspective - Take 1



This was my first time at an event like this. My comfort zone for witnessing is with people that I know such as family, co-workers and friends. I was not sure how I would do with a huge group of strangers especially without a seasoned veteran with me so that I could watch and learn. My partner and I both were new to this but we knew that the Holy Spirit would do the real work if we would just be obedient.

When we started I thought that there were not too many people in our area and we would finish very quickly. As we started working the parking lot it seemed to be filling up quickly. We were equipped with over 300 million dollar bills and 200 curved illusions and a cooler full of bottle waters with the gospel label. We started handing out tracks and most everyone graciously accepted them. The curved illusions worked great. We would do it for the kids but the parents and adults would be amazed also. We had the opportunity to ask several people the big question, “If you died tonight do you think you would go to Heaven or Hell?”. To my pleasant surprise, the majority of the people that we asked said Heaven. When we asked them why they thought they would go to Heaven they said because they knew Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

We did get the chance to share the Gospel with a young couple who had the classic answer, “Because I am a good person.” This gave me the chance to go through the law with them and explain that they must put their trust in Christ. The Way of the Master training really helped keep everything on track and hopefully that young couple seriously considered where they wanted to spend eternity and prayed later that night and put their trust in Christ.

The thing that struck me the most during the evening was two ladies that we handed million dollar bills to. We were working back and forth across the parking lot and as we came back near the two ladies to a group next to them, I heard one of the ladies reading the track to the other one. It was very reassuring to know that the Holy Spirit was at work in the parking lot. Not only was He with us as we stumbled through trying to spread the Good News, but more importantly He was working on a lot of people who received a Gospel track.

After two hours we had given out over 300 bills, about 190 curved illusions and 50 bottles of water and talked with several people about Jesus. Now we are praying that those seeds fell on fertile soil.

Thanks,

A.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your faithfulness and willingness to let God use you to reach the lost. You let love swallow your fears and stepped out of your comfort zone; way to go dude!

I am blessed to call you friend!

1 comment:

  1. A:

    After you finished bringing the good news to strangers for the first time, did you happen to suddenly notice how beautiful your feet were? :)

    Romans 10:15

    ReplyDelete